If you are looking for computer classes in the Williamsburg, James City County area of Virginia, be sure to check out out the free classes offered at the Williamsburg Regional Library. Classes are offered for those just starting out with computers as well as more adept users seeking advanced topics.
Classes are conducted at both library locations The downtown Williamsburg Library at 515 Scotland Street in the city of Williamsburg and the James City County Library at 7770 Croaker Road in James City County. Click here for Driving Directions
Here is a brief rundown on some of the current class offerings :
- Intro to Wiki’s , Learn to create and maintain a wiki to manage, maintain, and edit your documents online, either individually or in a collaborative setting
- Introduction to Excel , Learn to use the spreadsheet program Microsoft Excel to sort and manage information; learn to create and execute mathematical formulas.
- Intro to Blogging Hear an in-depth presentation on blogging. Learn to create and maintain a blog
to share your thoughts over the Internet. Learn about free blogging sites, and how to create an account and get started.
- Introduction to Powerpoint In this class you will learn to create attractive presentations using Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Basic Internet II, Discover popular, useful websites; learn to customize your own internet experience for your home computer.
- Intro to Word Learn to use the word processing program Microsoft Word to create attractive, useful documents.
- Basic Computers Learn to identify the parts of the computer; practice using a mouse; become familiar with the Windows system; learn to minimize, maximize, close, and move Windows.
- Internet Security • Learn the basic fundamentals of internet, online, and email security. The session will go over online threats (viruses, bots, spyware, malware, spam, zombies). You will also learn how to protect your personal information, how to protect children online, and how to protect your pc/laptop.
- Everything Google: Part I • Google is more than just a search engine! Refine your searching skills, then discover Google features such as news and maps.
- Ancestry and HeritageQuest Invigorate your genealogical research with tips and tricks on effectively searching the library’s two subscription genealogy databases.
- The Best Free and Open Software • Join the open community and save a few dollars at the same time. Learn about free alternatives to many of the most used and expensive software packages available. We’ll go over alternatives to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), Microsoft Outlook, Adobe ,Photoshop, and a few other tools!
- Skype: Webcams and Free Long-Distance and International Calls
• Learn about Skype, a free program that allows you to use a webcam to make free, face-to-face phone calls anywhere in the world.
- Everything Google: Part II Google is more than just a search engine! Set up a Google account in class, or bring your login information, to learn about Google features such as GMail, Google Earth, and Picasa.
Filed under: Free computer classes, real estate, wiliamsburg va real estate, Williamsburg general information, williamsburg va | Tagged: adult classes williamsburg, computer classes williamsburg, excel word blogging powerpoint classes williamsburg, free classes williamsburg, Real estate | Leave a comment »