2nd Sundays was created by Shirley Vermillion,a local Williamsburg resident.
Shirley is an admirer of artists and all art forms, musicians and their music of many genres, actors/actresses and the characters they bring to life and food of all flavors and cultures. She missed the abundance of all of these at family friendly street festivals throughout the Pacific Northwest (Seattle area). This led to her start a neighborhood Art Bazaar 3 times a year. She realized that Williamsburg was crying out for a regular arts venue-for local folks to show off and sell their wonderful art creations.
In 2010, , the Blue Talon Bistro, entered the picture. Generous community minded owner/manager Adam Steely and owner/chef David Everett helped make it happen on Prince George Street on each month’s 2nd Sunday afternoon. Having been quite successful & fun for all, it continues through the Blue Talon’s generosity.
2nd Sundays starts up for the 2012 season on March 11th, and is held March through December every 2nd Sunday from 3-6 pm weather permitting.
2nd Sundays Arts Festival presented by the Blue Talon Bistro features:
- A street full of artisan & artist booths (from fine & colonial to upcycled & funky art)
- Great local musicians performing from two locations
- Henna artist & face painting
- Balloon artist and Free Children’s Art Project & Activities
- March musicians are So’Lach, Doug Bischoff, & Williamsburg Christian Academy String Ensemble
See the Full Schedule of musicians & performing artists at 2ndsundayswilliamsburg.com.
Free & open to the public.